Official Press release after the break:
We are excited to announce the official release of the Samsung Galaxy Note II, our latest premium smartphone and the Next Big Thing in mobile communication devices. Available in Marble White or Titanium Gray color options through all major carriers and retailers, the Samsung Galaxy Note II is the ultimate smartphone for on-the-go productivity and content creation.
Samsung began shipping the device today and the product will be available for purchase at local carriers and retailers over the next two weeks.
Key Product Information:
- Perfect Viewing Experience: A 5.5-inch HD Super AMOLED display provides brilliant visual clarity with a 16:9 screen ratio.
- Easy Multi Tasking in One View: Air View feature allows users to hover their S Pen over App icons to preview content. Popup Note lets users open an S Note instantly as a pop-up window anywhere on the screen.
- Instant Access: Quick Command lets users instantly launch apps by jotting down pre-registered marks. Ability to launch S Note quickly by simply removing S Pen or pressing the dedicated S Note widget on the display.
- True Multitasking: When users are completing a task in one application, they can immediately load another application on the screen. Multiple applications are stacked on the screen like multiple windows and users can easily switch among applications. Popup Video lets users watch video as a pop-up anywhere on the screen while running other tasks or taking notes.
- On Spot Capturing and Easy Expression: One press of the S Pen button lets users instantly select content to clip or edit, with no extra menu steps. The Flash Crop feature allows users to instantly crop the screen or its contents in any shape needed. Screen Record feature allows recording of whole action sequences on the display to share with others
- Easier Content Sharing: Samsung's AllShare Play can be used to instantly share media files or S Notes between the GALAXY Note II and DLNA-supported devices. With AllShare Cast, users can wirelessly connect their GALAXY Note II to their notebook PC or TV to quickly transfer content onto a larger screen. S Beam allows users to share media files simply by tapping on another applicable device, even without Wi-Fi or a cellular signal.
- Always-on Performance: 1.6GHz quad-core processor with LTE and HSPA connectivity Android 4.1 (also known as Google Jelly Bean) includes new upgraded graphics capabilities, simplified menu navigation and browsing, and upgraded Google services such as Google Now (featuring contextual search). 3,100 mAh battery guarantees the sufficient power for amazing smart mobile experiences.
For specific pricing and availability, please visit your nearest carrier or retail partner. For more information on the GALAXY Note II, please go to: www.samsung.com/Note2.